Saturday, July 4, 2009

Owen first exclusive interniew with MU




OWEN: REDS CAN REIGNITE MY CAREER



Michael Owen spoke to MUTV ten minutes after signing for United. Here's a transcript of his first exclusive interview with Mandy Henry...


How does it feel to have signed for Manchester United?
It feels great. I never even had it in my wildest dreams really but then I got the call from the manager (Sir Alex) to come and meet him. It was a shock but I’m obviously really happy and things have moved quickly since then.


Players probably don’t need much persuasion to move to a club like United but what did the manager have to say to you?
We just discussed football really and the pros and cons of signing myself. Thankfully there were more pros than cons. From my point of view, I just wanted to talk about football so we left David Gill and my agent to talk about the rest. Then it was a case of show me the paperwork and where I have to sign. I’m delighted to have signed.


I presume at the end of last season you didn’t think you’d be playing for Manchester United this season?
No, I probably had a poor spell up at Newcastle but prior to that, my career was very good and I’m sure a top club like this can reignite my career. Hopefully I can score a few goals and help the team to more success.

No comments: