Sunday, September 13, 2009

2 hours in KK pharmacy.

I visited the Pharmacy in Klinik Kesihatan Ampangan last week, because that day only half of the group had Clinic session with the doctor, for those without clinic session we are required to visit either the pharmacy, lab, X ray room or treatment room. My friend and I decided to go to the pharmacy. It is important for us to learn about the medication commonly prescribed from the community clinic. The form (capsule or tablet), dosage and colour, because sometimes we need to make a good "guess" when the patient said:" I usually eat the love shape white tablet for my cholesterol". Not everyone will remember the name of the medication given by their doctor.

Tablet Metformin

Tabet Glibenclamide.
Tablet Amoxycillin









Tablet Ampicillin
Tablet Erythromycin








Tablet indometacin.


The "love" shape Lovastatin, Tablet Cephalexin, Tablet Atenolol.


My EBM report.

Spend most of my weekend doing Evidence Based Medicine commentary report. From what we have seen in the clinic, we need to come out with a learning issue, and try to find research paper regarding that topic and make a conclusion. Last time during semester 6 my topic was " Comparison between Cardiac troponin and CKMB as leading cardiac marker in detecting heart attack". This time, my topic was "How effective is antibiotic in treating sinusitis". Surprisingly, from the research paper I've found, antibiotic has no significant effect in treating sinusitis. Whether or not patient was given antibiotic, the duration of illness remains the same. After 2 weeks, 83% of patient and 77% of patient will eventually recover. So should we give antibiotic?

No comments: