Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Healthy semester

Ever since after exam, I tried my best to make sure to be healthy. Few weeks before exam and especially during study break, that period was the time that I consumed all the high trans- fatty acid and cholesterol diet. (Mcdonald's, KFC, Mamak etc.), slept around 3-4am in the morning and woke up at between 8-9am, my sleeps were severely deprived, still yet to consider that I abused coffee 3-4 cups everyday. Mental and physical stress that triggers more corticosteroid hormone to release in my body. Therefore, after exam, I make sure that I sleep around 12-1am and woke up at 7-8am in the morning. Limit myself to 1-2 cup of coffee per day, less sugar, no more fastfood until next the next final exam. More fruits and vegetables. Must make sure that I exercise every week. I remembered back in Penang, I used to jog with my friends at least twice a week, 8 rounds in a size of a 8 football fields. We played football every Saturday morning, no doubt and there is no need to call people for football, all of us will eventually turn up every Saturday.


I was lucky that during the past 1 week of holiday I jogged for 3 times in Botanical Garden,alone. Because 2 of my friends who used to jog with me still studying in other states. One in KL and another one in Nilai. Yesterday I played futsal again with IMU friends, which was fun. It was not as tiring as I was when I played with my friends in Penang. After abstinence for some time, the first time I started palying futsal was with friends in Penang, crazy.......!! that was like hell, tiring as if I was going to collapse due to dehydration and exhaustion. :)

Semester 8 is going to be a HEALTHY semester. We have more free time, not as busy as semester 7 because no major exam, althought we still have minor posting exam. I hope we have more time playing futsal together, sometimes I can go jog around my house. At the end of the day, as a medical student and doctor in the future, I think we should set a good example of healthy diet and lifestyle before we can even tell patients to reduce their BMI.
Today I only got class at 2pm. I woke up at 8am this morning, had breakfast in Aukland. I ordered 2 oat meal breads and 2 half boiled eggs, together with Nescafe ice less sugar. Enjoy reading my book and breakfast at the same time. What a life man!!

No comments: